Low Gallipoli Dawn Service numbers stoke fears for Anzac Day

Seven News reports that Gallipoli Dawn Service numbers are expected to be low. Seven Sunrise, David Gosh said, “Some are concerned Australians are abandoning the historical site three years after ten thousand of us went to the dawn service at ANZAC Cove, only about a hundred have registered for this year service.” David Gosh also… Read More

Prince Harry announced that the fourth Invictus Games in Sydney 2018

In November 2016 Prince Harry announced that the fourth Invictus Games had been awarded to Sydney, Australia. “We had three key criteria. First, it had to be an iconic city – somewhere known the world over. Second, it needed to be a city with a proud military heritage, which would welcome competitors from all over… Read More

HMAS Newcastle crew given Freedom of Entry to City

THE sounds of martial ceremony rang through Newcastle’s streets a day before Anzac Day, as the crew of HMAS Newcastle took part in a freedom of entry march through the city. The ship’s full complement of 184 servicemen and women gathered on Monday for the march, which began in Perkins Street with a ceremonial exchange… Read More

ANZAC Day 2017, Dawn Service Newcastle, NBN Live Broadcast – Replay

ANZAC Day 2017, Dawn Service Newcastle, NBN Live Broadcast – Replay. If you have not had a chance to attended our Dawn Service here in Newcastle, then sit back and watch this excellent replay of the NBN Broadcast. Here is the link to the Broadcast – Replay: http://www.nbnnews.com.au/2017/04/25/anzac-day-dawn-service-live-stream-replay/ NBN News is a proud supporter of the… Read More

Subscribe “Now” to receive our Newsletters

The City of Newcastle RSL Sub-Branch, president Ken Fayle said, “I urge all our members and supporters to Subscribe to our Newsletter, this will keep them posted on all the latest News and Events from the Sub-Branch and the NSW RSL.” Subscribing is easy, simple go our webpage and select the Newsletter from the drop… Read More